Apprentice Consultant (ASV) NCC GROUP PLC
The Apprentice Consultant (ASV) role involves using RandomStorm’s automated (cloud based) vulnerability scanners. These tools are used to perform external ASV vulnerability assessments on client’s infrastructures.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
24 Feb 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Consultant (ASV)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice ASV Consultant with RandomStorm in Leeds. Randomstorm, a company featured in Deloitte’s Fast 50 Awards as the 21st fast growing IT company in the UK.
The role will be working within RandomStorm’s PCI ASV team based in the Leeds Thorpe Park office. The Apprentice Consultant (ASV) role involves using RandomStorm’s automated (cloud based) vulnerability scanners. These tools are used to perform external ASV vulnerability assessments on client’s infrastructures.
- Planning and managing the delivery of external PCI ASV security tests and associated information.
- Undertaking additional security assessments such as external penetration testing and other projects as required.
- Communicating directly with key project stakeholders; including clients, both orally and in writing.
- Producing accurate and thorough reports and managing secure delivery to the client.
- Reviewing reports written by other team members, ensuring that discrepancies are detected and resolved.
Requirements and prospects
- Good all round technical knowledge and a detailed understanding of networking protocols.
- Good all round technical knowledge of information security concepts.
- A passion for ethical hacking and IT security.
- Infrastructure penetration testing, Web application security testing and vulnerability research.
- The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and be able to build professional rapports.
- This role is perfect for someone with passion and drive to learn with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Someone who is not afraid of hard work and strives to impress!
- 5 GCSE’s at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Things to consider
About the employer
NCC GROUP PLC
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive nine weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017