We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressing juniors. You will train one day a week at our state of the art Training Academy & Salon in Camden where you will experience the highest quality technical training in a brand new salon environment.
Closing date: 25 Apr 2017
Possible start date
27 Apr 2017
12 Feb 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The job role within the hairdressing salons will be as an apprentice hairdresser and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Requirements and prospects
Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy.
You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser.
Many apprentices are given jobs with the employers they trained with as Junior stylists, others go onto further studies. Apprentices are often fast-tracked by their employers for promotion to more senior positions.
Things to consider
- The apprenticeship programme will take up to 12 months to complete. During this time you will be expected to attend the academy one day a week and three to four days a week in the salon - you EARN WHILE YOU LEARN
- Progression onto level 3
About the employer
Established in 1981, Valentino has been looking after the residents of Kensington and its visitors for over thirty years and is now considered one of Kensington’s leading salons. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of one of London’s busiest High Streets, our boutique salon welcomes you in to a friendly and luxurious retreat for all your hair and beauty needs.
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training. This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing. You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements.
An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready.
This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception Duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of clients
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- Key skills qualifications such as communication and maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
- Terms & Conditions are as per the contract of employment
- To be agreed with employer. A minimum of 30 hours a week, days are to be agreed with employer
- In the event that there are excessive numbers of applicants, candidates who can demonstrate a high level of interest or experience will be preferred and will be shortlisted against the criteria
The NMW applies to time working and time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age categories above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Apr 2017