Da Vinci's Restaurant proudly serve classic Italian cuisine prepared in the traditional manner. They are looking to appoint a Food Production Apprentice.
NE100 Food Production Apprentice
Da Vinci Restaurant NE Ltd
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Tues-Sat 10-5pm (30 hours)
Approx. 12 Months
Possible start date
03 Apr 2017
09 Feb 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Working as part of a team creating a positive working environment
- Ensure recipes and portion controls are followed
- Assisting qualified staff with preparation, cooking and serving of food
- Keeping the kitchen hygienically clean and tidy at all times
- Complete kitchen documentation
- Minimise all kitchen wastage and maintain stocks
- Washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Deal with customer payments
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure Health and Safety guidelines are met at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence with the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Good communication skills
- A strong interest in food
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be able to organise yourself to work to strict deadlines
- A flexible approach to work
- You must be enthusiastic with the desire to succeed within the industry
- You must be honest and trustworthy
- You must be reliable
No formal qualifications are required as full training will be given.
A fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with heated equipment
- The kitchen area can sometimes be a very busy and stressful environment
About the employer
Da Vinci's Italian Restaurant proudly serve classic cuisine prepared traditionally. The menu offers exceptional value for money with a variety of dishes to suit everyone. All dishes are freshly prepared and cooked to order.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking).
- Functional Skills in English and Maths if applicable.
Catering and Professional Chefs
SOUTH TYNESIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Tyneside College
This vacancy may involve split shifts, evenings and weekend work
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017