To work and support through the apprenticeship program the delivery of the catering operation and processes that support the operation of Rudding Park Hotel Kitchen Brigade.
Rudding Park Hotel & Golf
Closing date: 05 May 2017
Possible start date
08 May 2017
29 Jan 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To prepare, cook and serve food to the highest standard.
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, tidiness and maintenance of the kitchen and canteen are achieved at all times.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and hygienic food handling are achieved at all times.
- To support members of staff regarding catering requirements for customers.
- To assist with ordering of food with preferred suppliers and ensure correct storage of food.
- To ensure the control of all departmental food and beverage wastage is kept to a minimal.
- To support other kitchen staff in their duties. To be fully conversant with the procedures for Fire, security, Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Having a clear sense of purpose to drive action
- Setting and meeting clear targets.
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
- Planning to achieve around deadlines, using initiative and sensitivity.
- Possessing communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive.
- Have the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Creating an environment where staff are empowered to make decisions, work cohesively and build collaboration and trust.
- Maintaining a customer focused approach.
- Delegation and holding others to account.
- Management of time, working to tight deadlines to ensure priorities are met
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes.
- Pro-active and driven.
- A winning attitude.
- Strong ’can do’ approach.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- High work commitment.
- Willing to self-evaluate and work towards continuous improvement.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- A good understanding of Maths and English.
Things to consider
Please check whether you are able to travel to this location on a daily basis? Please use the following link to check local bus/train routes before you apply for this role: http://www.transportdirect.info/web2/home.aspx?abandon=true&repeatingloop=Y
Candidates should be aware that the employer does offer a good career opportunity to the right person. They will be looking for an individual who is committed, focused with the drive and ambition to take on this position.
About the employer
We pride ourselves on the level of service we give to all our guests and therefore to be considered you will need to prove you are determined to succeed and hard working. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to progress a career within the hospitality industry.
The successful candidates will receive comprehensive training and support during their Apprenticeship. Training will in the main be on-site and will work towards a level 2 in Catering and Hospitality.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
If you have any queries, or would like to discuss this vacancy then please contact Ambreen Akhter at Calderdale College on 01422-418430 the Employer should NOT be contacted.
From the 1st October 2015 a National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices has been introduced for young people aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £3.30 per hour. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017