We are a wholesale and retail butchers supplying the finest restaurant in and around Bristol. We are looking to recruit an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated Apprentice Butcher to join our small focused team, where self development is paramount.
Powells Of Olveston
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
10 Jul 2017
27 Jan 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- There is full on the job training provided in all aspects of butchery.
- Primal breakdown
- Dry ageing of product
- European and UK cutting techniques
- Product knowledge
- Customer service
- Manufacturing of sausages and burgers are all part of this position.
- Dealing with customers through retail and through our delivery structure, we want to develop an individual for the very long term.
Requirements and prospects
- A massive desire to learn butchery and life skills.
- Good level of spoken English
- Clean and be personable.
- Motivated to learn
- Good listener
- Time aware
- Desire to work as a team.
- No qualifications needed at this stage.
- A desire to learn butchery to date would be beneficial.
- Level 2 Certificate for Proficiency in Meat and Poultry
- Industry Skills and the chance to achieve your level 1 in maths and English.
Things to consider
It is hard work, often involves weekend work, can be physically demanding, in winter it is a cold environment to work in. Can also be incredibly fun and hugely rewarding.
About the employer
We are a business with a strong focus on product and provenance and branding. We have a desire to inform the customer on every aspect of their purchase, from farm to ageing process to who cut the product to who packed the product. Driven by our sales knowledge we strive every day to develop our core principles within our client base and enhance and develop the relationships with them on a daily basis.
- NVQ: Customer service, taking phone calls, communication, invoicing system training, cutting techniques, primal breakdown, in house individual butchery processes, packing, labeling, delivery training, personal development, colleague relationship guidance.
- Functional Skills- if required.
Food and Drink
M.E.A.T Ipswich Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Meat East Anglia Trades (Ipswich) Ltd
Butchery is a skills shortage so if you are proficient and qualified you can earn a good living. We want to offer a long term career with us, only interested in investing in someone who wants a career in butchery and is willing to listen and learn.
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2017