1st Line Technical Support Apprentice BRIGHTOFFICE LIMITED
We are looking to recruit an apprentice to help with the technical support side; this involves investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage statistics, carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
13 Jan 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Level 3 Estio IT Apprenticeships
1st Line Technical Support Apprentice
£125.00 per week (£3.30 per hour)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898888
An opportunity has arisen a Software Helpdesk Apprentice with one of our clients. This company provide cloud-based integrated business software with the power of traditional applications used by the world's largest companies.
They are a SaaS (Software as a Service) company providing hosted, enterprise software solutions in many different business sectors. Currently provide software solutions to our clients in sectors including financial claims, debt management, debt collection, Green Deal & ECO, renewable energy, training, job management and lettings management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking to recruit an apprentice to help with the technical support side; this involves investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage statistics, carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions. You will also be responsible for setting up and removing computer devices. You will have a key focus on the security, quality of the system as well as the user experience.
As an Apprentice Technician within this company, you will be expected to:
- Be interested in the IT environment away from the workplace, keep up to date with new technologies and read industry specific literature.
- Answer Service Desk calls and respond to client queries online or via email.
- Deal with technical problems accordingly and promptly, fixing issues where possible remotely.
- Escalate any issues that require more senior input to the suitable person internally.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT skills and ability to pick up technology and systems
- Time Management with ability to multitask and prioritise
- Understanding of Microsoft products is essential including Internet Explorer and office programs
- Be proactive, organised, professional and efficient with approach to support duties, have the ability to apply logic and have excellent communication
- Have the ability to capture and record information relating to customer problems in order to escalate to software development team
- Full UK driving licence would be preferred
Things to consider
About the employer
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017