Software Support Apprentice Interlink Software Services Limited
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated apprentice to join a support organisation. Working in a junior role you will be fully trained in all aspects of software support, configuration and quality control.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
13 Jan 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Interlink Software offer a range of highly scalable and dynamic IT Management Solutions and are the provider of choice for some of the largest organisations around the globe such as British Airways and HSBC. With a strong customer focus we build our software using a customer driven development methodology.
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated apprentice to join a support organisation. Working in a junior role you will be fully trained in all aspects of software support, configuration and quality control. The successful candidate will join the technical support and customer relations team working with an international customer base.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First line support (logging calls, troubleshooting / diagnosis, and resolution or escalation).
- PC assembly and imaging.
- PC maintenance
- General network support and basic troubleshooting (e.g. patching, replacing switches, etc).
- Liaising with other team members to ensure that potential issues are raised and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Handle technical enquiries from customers via phone and email
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, where multiple demands on your time may arrive simultaneously.
- Ability to assess issues through discussion and appropriately prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team environment on both shared and solo assignments.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with MS/Office Applications: Word, Excel etc.
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems ( Desirable )
- A strong passion for IT
- Remote administration tools for Windows / Linux / AD / VMware / Hyper-V.
- Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C+ (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
Things to consider
About the employer
Interlink Software Services Limited
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2017