Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Nicoll Road Nursery School Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Childcare in the heart of the local community. The role involves providing of high quality care and education for children throughout the nursery.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Aug 2017
03 Dec 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area, in conjunction with other staff.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be flexible within working practices of Nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation
- Friendly and fun
Things to consider
About the employer
Nicoll Road Nursery School Ltd
- Level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT
- Paediatric First Aid
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
For more information on Apprenticeships at First Rung please watch the link below:
Mafalda Leltao Talks About Childcare Career Support with First Rung [http://bit.ly/1889SjC]
Children and Young People's Workforce
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Aug 2017