IT Support Apprentice Clear Law Llp
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated apprentice to join a support organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring all users are able to carry out their day to day duties without hindrance by the firm’s IT systems.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
23 Feb 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
IT Support Apprentice
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Clear Law Solicitors based in Manchester.
Clear Law Solicitors are a forward thinking, family owned business who have gained a reputation for providing specialist legal advice to clients across the UK, delivered with personal service.
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated apprentice to join a support organisation. You will be responsible for ensuring all users are able to carry out their day to day duties without hindrance by the firm’s IT systems. You will be responsible for screening newly raised IT support calls on the support system and applying the Core Principals in order to deliver satisfactory solutions. You will aim to resolve as many support calls as possible and escalate calls that cannot be resolved to the next line of support. On resolution of a call you will ensure the user is satisfied with the solution and flag any additional remedial action required to the next line of support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First line support (logging calls, troubleshooting / diagnosis, and resolution or escalation).
- PC assembly and imaging.
- PC maintenance
- General network support and basic troubleshooting (e.g. patching, replacing switches, etc).
- Liaising with other team members to ensure that potential issues are raised and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Handle technical enquiries from customers via phone and email
Requirements and prospects
- Remote administration tools for Windows / Linux / AD / VMware / Hyper-V.
- Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, where multiple demands on your time may arrive simultaneously.
- Ability to assess issues through discussion and appropriately prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team environment on both shared and solo assignments.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with MS/Office Applications: Word, Excel etc.
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems ( Desirable )
- A strong passion for IT
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C+ (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
Things to consider
About the employer
Clear Law Llp
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional
- Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017