Receptionist Apprenticeship West Lea Special School
An excellent opportunity to work in a reception in a school, dealing with all callers, both on the telephone and in person, promptly and courteously and maintaining the link with West Lea main site.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
25 Nov 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To answer all incoming calls, both internal and external, redirecting/taking messages as necessary and acting on instructions received. To relay messages to staff and students.
- To receive all visitors and ensure they sign in and out in accordance with the school’s procedures.
- To deal with general day to day queries from staff, students and parents.
- To accept mobile phones and other pupils’ belongings for safekeeping as applicable.
- To word-process school documentation as requested.
- To liaise with parents about outstanding lunch money.
- To issue Free School Meals passes and keep an up to date record.
- To record and post all outgoing mail, purchasing new stocks of stamps when required. To receive and distribute all incoming mail.
- To assist with the organisation of school trips, including booking coaches and venues.
- To assist with the maintenance of the attendance/absence register on computer.
- To maintain records of all student roll changes of details e.g. addresses, telephone numbers.
- To assist with ordering, maintaining stock of, and keeping records of post and deliveries.
- To undertake photocopying, filing and general office duties
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Willingness to Learn
- Good Work Ethic
- Work well on own and also as part of a team
- Friendly and Approachable
Things to consider
About the employer
West Lea Special School
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 1 and 2 in Maths, English and ICT
Business and Administration
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2017