IT Support Apprentice Brammer Plc
Brammer have an exciting opportunity to work within the Head office in Wythenshawe; they are looking for a new member to join the team through an apprenticeship to assist in providing 1st line technical support.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
18 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
IT Support Apprentice
£8,000/£9,000 per Annum
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Brammer based in Manchester, Wythenshawe.
Brammer have an exciting opportunity to work within the Head office in Wythenshawe; they are looking for a new member to join the team through an apprenticeship to assist in providing 1st line technical support to internal customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via the telephone, portal or email.
Brammer operate from over 90 Sales & Service Centres, offering nationwide coverage and are the European’s leading specialist distributor. Brammer supply high quality reliable parts from the world’s leading manufacturers with over 3,500,000 products available from there extensive distribution network across 18 countries in Europe. From this they have been able to expand and employ over 3,000 people across Europe.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical 1st line IT Support for Brammer staff.
- Establish the level of assistance required and if necessary progress the call to the next line of support for further assistance. Always own the call, keep the caller informed as to the call progress and provide suitable workarounds and/or contingencies where possible
- Deliver excellent customer service for all support requests or incidents and adhere to all service management principles
- Log all incidents on the Service Desk Management system. Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Install, configure, repair and support computer hardware and software.
- Assembly, installation and deployment of PCs and user hardware
- Provide application and networking support for Microsoft Windows PC
- Installation and support for MS Office and other desktop applications
- Basic user administration for Windows Active Directory and Exchange
- Provide support for printers, projectors and other peripheral equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Inspire confidence and gain trust of Brammer staff
- Attain and improve qualifications relevant to role for which support will be given
- Work under pressure and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Identify potential issues and resolve in a proactive manner
- Ability to plan and carry out work when regularly unsupervised
- Confidence and professionalism in dealing with a senior members of the company
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C+ or equivalent (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels or equivalent (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
Things to consider
About the employer
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017