Apprentice Web Developer BLOCK 8 LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in web development and IT with Block 8. You will join our small and friendly team to help develop and update our client’s websites and systems.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Nov 2017
18 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprentice Web Developer
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898 888
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick start your career in web development and IT with Block 8. You will join our small and friendly team to help develop and update our client’s websites and systems. If you are an aspiring developer and live and breathe computers this may be the job for you.
- Working directly with the senior developer and designers to add functionality to existing websites and systems
- Provide updates and essential maintenance to current systems and websites
- Help with IT issues, such as setting up website hosting and email services
- Work with other members of the agency to help improve workflow and processes.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to build standards compliant HTML5 & CSS3 front end code.
- Photoshop experience would be desirable
- Be able to develop and work with common platforms such as Magento and Wordpress
- Design software experience, knowledge of Adobe suite programmes (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- An understanding of PHP and MySQL would be an advantage
- Enjoys learning about new technologies, both professionally and personally
- Logical/analytical thinker
- Quick learner with fantastic problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds
Things to consider
About the employer
BLOCK 8 LIMITED
Learners will receive eleven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Nov 2017