1st Line Support Engineer Apprentice Gb3 Limited
Estio Training has an exciting new vacancy for a 1st Line Support Engineer Apprentice based in Fulwood, Preston. Dedicated to finding the best technology solutions for our customers we strive to deliver an excellent service led approach to strategy.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
18 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
1st Line Support Engineer Apprentice
£3.30 per hour
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 898888
Estio Training has an exciting new vacancy for a 1st Line Support Engineer Apprentice based in Fulwood, Preston.
GB3 is a Technology Solutions company delivering Strategy, Systems & Support to Business, Charities & Education. At GB3, we start with great strategy, then deliver functional systems and back up with robust support; 3 reasons we can revolutionise your technology. We call it our 3 Reason Revolution.
GB3 is based in the North West of England and supports organisations throughout the UK, France & America. Dedicated to finding the best technology solutions for our customers we strive to deliver an excellent service led approach to strategy, systems & support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 1st line support to the customers in relation to hardware and software issues via email or phone or verbally whilst on site.
- Log all incoming calls on the call logging system and escalate any unresolved issues to the on-site engineer in the first instance and 2nd line engineers if needed.
- Collaborate with User Support to provide Level I and II troubleshooting in support of technical solutions.
- Identify and explore new technologies that could advance customers infrastructure to improve performance, reliability and availability
- Enhance your own learning through research into the IT arena, creating continued development of the role.
- Simplify technical jargon so that it is easily understood by the audience
- Provide on-site support under the management of the onsite support Engineer and mentor.
Requirements and prospects
- Communicate with and support colleagues, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management.
- A passion for IT and Technology and a willingness to learn from experienced industry professionals.
- Being Enthusiastic, Confident, Positive and Proactive is a must.
- Pleasant and friendly manner, empathy for customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn
About the employer
Learners will receive twelve weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Outsource Training Development
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017