To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children at Little Wombles. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Closing date: 05 May 2017
35 hours per week
Possible start date
06 May 2017
04 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents evenings and social events, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
The new Broomhill Road Nursery consists of a large main hall, two smaller classrooms used for a variety of activities and an outdoor area. Little Wombles Broomhill is situated across the road from King George's Park which the children visit daily whether that be to use the play parks, feed the ducks, play sports or have their lunch! The Nursery is in a truly fantastic location for daily outings. The children regularly visit the library, local soft play centres, the supermarket, Wandsworth Museum and the Fire Station. The Nursery's private and enclosed outdoor area is utilised daily for sand and water play and a wide range of other activities. Little Wombles Broomhill also has weekly specialist led classes of music, dance and French.
62 Westover Road
Childcare Level 3 and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017