Melrose House are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Closing date: 05 May 2017
30 hours- Monday to Friday
Possible start date
06 May 2017
04 Nov 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
About the employer
Melrose House Nursery Schools cater for children from the ages of 2-4 years old in Southfields and Fulham in south west London.9:15am-12:15pm plus three afternoons until 3:15pm (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).The nursery schools are situated on the ground floor of privately owned houses in quiet south west London residential areas.
The classroom are bright and well-equipped with open access to the garden.
The children are separated into year groups with a maximum of 14 children.
Individual tuition is given to each child in order that their progress is encouraged and monitored, preparing the children for their next schools.The staff are experienced and qualified. They are knowledgeable about the next stages in education.The school year is divided into three terms with a half term break.Places are offered a year prior to the start date, which is usually the September after the child is two and are allocated in strict date order of registration. After this, places are given out as and when they become available.
39 Melrose Road
Childcare Level 3 and functional skills in ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017