To work as a Key Person for the daily needs of the children between the ages of 2 to 5 years, within the Nursery Setting. Main responsibilities to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children.
Apprentice Nursery assistant
Small Steps Day Care Limited
Closing date: 12 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
30 hours per week Mon to Fri
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
19 Jun 2017
28 Oct 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main duties to include:
- Assist with the preparation and completion of activities suitable to the children
- Ensure mealtimes are of a pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly or distressed child
- Support all staff and engage in a good team
- Develop your role within the team, including progression to key person with responsibility for a small group of children
- Complete observations with children and evaluation reports
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Adhere to legislation and guidelines of a childcare environment
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning of equipment.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills –telephone and face to face.
- Good people skills – interacting with children, staff and parents.
- Enthusiastic, compassionate, friendly and outgoing.
- Warm character with flexible attitude and open to change.
- Desire to work with children and animals.
- GCSE English and Maths at a C grade ( or equivalent)
Potential to secure a permanent fulltime position, once completion of the course has been achieved.
Things to consider
Hours will vary from 30 to 40 hours per week therefore the salary will range from £99.00 to £132.00.
Nursery opening times: Monday 9:00 – 4:00, Tuesday 9:00 – 3:30, Wednesday 9:00 – 4:30, Thursday 8:00 – 4:30, Friday 8:00 – 5:00
We will provide a uniform for duration of training.
This is a very active role with the majority of your time being physically active. Activities will be both inside and outside (no matter what the weather)
Rural with no local transport.
About the employer
Small Steps is a privately owned Nursery for Children aged 2 – 5 years. rated by Ofsted as GOOD we maintain extremely high standards of Childcare. Providing a nurturing, educational environment for the children in a quality small and homely setting. The outside space is all natural, being used in all weathers offering a ‘Forrest school’ like environment.
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Learning and Childcare or Children and Young People’s Social Care)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
- Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
From the 1st October 2015 a National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices has been introduced for young people aged 16-18 and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £3.30 per hour. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age.
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 12 Jun 2017