Apprentice Nursery assistant Small Steps Day Care Limited
To work as a Key Person for the daily needs of the children between the ages of 2 to 5 years, within the Nursery Setting. Main responsibilities to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children.
Closing date: 16 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2017
28 Oct 2015
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Main duties to include:
- Assist with the preparation and completion of activities suitable to the children
- Ensure mealtimes are of a pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly or distressed child
- Support all staff and engage in a good team
- Develop your role within the team, including progression to key person with responsibility for a small group of children
- Complete observations with children and evaluation reports
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Adhere to legislation and guidelines of a childcare environment
- Undertake certain domestic duties within the Nursery e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning of equipment.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills –telephone and face to face.
- Good people skills – interacting with children, staff and parents.
- Enthusiastic, compassionate, friendly and outgoing.
- Warm character with flexible attitude and open to change.
- Desire to work with children and animals.
- GCSE English and Maths at a C grade ( or equivalent)
Things to consider
Nursery opening times: Monday 9:00 – 4:00, Tuesday 9:00 – 3:30, Wednesday 9:00 – 4:30, Thursday 8:00 – 4:30, Friday 8:00 – 5:00
We will provide a uniform for duration of training.
This is a very active role with the majority of your time being physically active. Activities will be both inside and outside (no matter what the weather)
Rural with no local transport.
About the employer
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Learning and Childcare or Children and Young People’s Social Care)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
- Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 16 Nov 2017