Ilford Pre-school are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner
Ilford Catholic Club
Closing date: 05 May 2017
30 hours- Monday to Friday
Possible start date
06 May 2017
26 Oct 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2/3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- GCSE's C or above preferable (or equivalent)
- Possible Permanent Position
Things to consider
- A DBS Check will be required
About the employer
This setting is a brand new setting situated in Ilford, and is registered for children aged 0-11 years. Sessions within this setting are split into Breakfast club (7.00am to 8.30am), two pre-school sessions in the morning (8.45am to 11.45am) and afternoon (12.10pm to 3.10pm) followed by an after school club session (3.15pm to 7.00pm).
The setting consists of a large inside area, filled with varied activities throughout the day based on early year’s provision, including role play areas, malleable play areas, maths, cosy book area and indoor physical activities etc. Activities are later transformed, intended for the after school club session, allowing room for games such as football, table tennis, arts and crafts etc. An outside area is also made available for children throughout the day, where age related activities are set up according to the age range present e.g. for pre-school children sand and water trays are made available and for school children skipping ropes, sports, arts & crafts, role play and small world play equipment etc.
Ilford Catholic Club
324 High Road
- Childcare Level 2 and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.30 per hour from the 1st October 2015. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 May 2017