Apprentice Receptionist Precious Homes Ltd
Precious Homes are looking for a vibrant and dynamic person to chair their reception area and assist with the smooth and efficient running of head office and its facilities. First point of contact for incoming calls and visitors.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
09 Oct 2015
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To manage a comprehensive, accurate and effective administrative service to Precious Homes in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post
- Maintain and develop procedures and systems for manual and electronic filing systems
- Produce correspondence, reports and confidential documents
- Take minutes at internal and external meetings, ensure signed copies are maintained and follow up action takes place within agreed timescales
- Arrange and coordinate internal and external meetings, greet visitors and provide refreshments
- Ensure the reception area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Respond to emails, phone calls, letters and all other correspondence in a timely manner
- Ensure database of clients is kept up to date
- Issue key fobs and update training
- Act as the focal point, in liaison with the Finance Team, for the processing of invoices, petty cash handling and weekly bank run
- Undertake filing, faxing, photocopying of various documents
- Arrange catering for training sessions
- Assist in making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Keep the stationary room tidy and keep a record of the stationary list
- Ensure that the company internal/external customer care and equal opportunities policies are adhered to at all times
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures for Health & Safety
- Be aware of and adhere to all company policies, procedures and business requirements
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Office Team and Precious Homes goals
Requirements and prospects
Further training and employment opportunities.
About the employer
We are a well established, expanding organisation that provides care and support to people with learning difficulties who may present with behaviour described as challenging.
We have successfully developed person centred services that are able to respond rapidly and adapt to individual need.
We specialise in supporting people who may have experienced a series of previous placement breakdowns.
Central to our approach is ensuring that the person is always at the centre of what we do and is enabled to make choices and be in control of their life and fulfill their potential.
- Business Administration Level 2/3
- Functional Skills (English and Maths) if required
Business and Administration
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
DBS Check required.
From October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017