Apprentice Nursery Assistant Clever Cloggs
Clever Cloggs are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to assist them with the day to day duties of their childcare provisions between the ages of 6 months - 5 years. If you are enthusiastic, fun and caring this is your entry into the childcare industry!
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
18 Oct 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Clever Cloggs Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2/3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times.
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress.
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance.
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language.
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in: a) Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils, b)Whole school/Centre record keeping,c) Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence.
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child.
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status.
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan.
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy.
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team work
GCSE C in Maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent)
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2/3 Childcare
Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Johan 01277 725966 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017