An Apprentice Paraplanner (Level 4) is required. Exciting opportunity to grow your career in Financial Services! The role will consist of Administrative support to the practice financial advisers and ensuring the efficient operation of investment processes. Duties include various tasks related to portfolio management, client services, and record-keeping.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2024
Aged 21 + £20,000 Aged 25 + = £24,000 With scalable increase with experience and exam sittings
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
08 Apr 2024
06 Feb 2024
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What you will do in your working day
1. Portfolio Administration:
- Maintain accurate records of investment transactions.
- Monitor portfolio positions and rebalance upon request using our fund switch platforms.
2. Compliance and Regulation:
- Ensure adherence to all relevant investment regulations and compliance standards, this includes GDPR, and client confidentiality.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory filings and reporting.
3. Generating client reports in line with Consumer duty and in house compliance regulations:
- Annual review reports
- Investment reports
- Replacement reports which require analytical processes
- Collating information from existing providers to build a case for final recommendations.
General administrative tasks:
- Fully support the practice
- Handle general administrative tasks such as filing, record-keeping, and document management.
- Master the salesforce CRM software which is the bible to client records and servicing.
4. Research and Analysis:
- Conduct research on investment products at hand and requesting necessary information.
- Assist in data analysis and cash flow modelling in due time.
The training you will be getting
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Certificate in Financial Services
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Paraplanners
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme for those who have not been a paid member before
- Includes study book and exam entry for each CII exam
- The Certificate in Financial Services includes:
- R01 Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics
- CF1 can be delivered instead of R01, depending on circumstances
- R02 Investment Principles and Risk
- R03 Personal Taxation
- J09 Paraplanning
- Fortnightly workshops for each R0 exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class note books for real time support and assistance from experienced financial services professionals
- Additional resources through RM Advance
- Regular tutorials and assessments from an experienced financial services professional.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
In house training on investment administrative tasks:
- Detailed investment report writing, in compliance with FCA regulatory procedures.
- E-Learning support in house with host of supportive material
- Hands on training up until ISA replacement – thereafter learning on hand with distant learning modules.
- Progression will be available from simple cases to more complex cases
- Potential to apply for the Paraplanner academy with St James’s Place should it be re-launched.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SKILLS EDGE TRAINING LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
0333 358 3559
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.