School Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Mawney Foundation School
This is an exciting new vacancy to assist the School Business Manager, a fantastic opportunity to learn lots of new skills and valuable experience of working in a busy school environment.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
The rate of pay will go up after a year to national minimum wage for your age
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
14 Mar 2024
02 Feb 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
· Undertake a range of financial procedures, including placing orders, invoicing, preparation of payments, banking cash, issuing receipts and dealing with supplier issues
· Record financial transactions ensuring accurate coding and efficient processing in compliance with finance policies and procedures
· Maintain control of petty cash and prepare monthly reconciliation
· Produce a range of financial information and assist with generating financial and other reports meeting required deadlines
· Assist with the effective management of the school budgets
· Receive and record monies from pupils and parents / carers and undertake reconciliations, for example of bank accounts, petty cash, PTA, Breakfast Club etc.
· Maintain Spreadsheet databases, both of financial and other information, as requested
· Order goods and services ensuring best value and following ordering procedures to ensure adequate resources are available to meet work requirements
· To produce letters and documents using Microsoft Office software
· Assist the School Business Manager in ensuring compliance for annual audits·
· To take appropriate action to identify, evaluate and minimise any risks to health, safety and security in the immediate working environment.
To complete school based induction and any subsequent training, for example, modules leading to proficiency in the SIMS financial package, required to improve performance.
· To take part in the school performance management system.
Roles and responsibilities
· To operate the computerised personnel, payroll and financial information systems of the school for financial monitoring and data processing
· To receive, record, and process income using the relevant financial systems of the council and the school
· To collect debts and payments due by monitoring records, making requests and following up and taking action on responses
· To process documents relating to goods and services ordered and received and to make and record payments
· To use spreadsheet software to support the budgeting and accounting needs of the school and the council
· To respond to enquiries, requests for information, resolve problems and deal with complaints.
· To produce letters and documents using word processing equipment
· To provide financial information and reports to support school accountability and decision making
· To use paper based filing systems to enter, record and retrieve data to support financial administration and organisation
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The right candidate may be offered a permanent post, with potential for promotion to Finance Officer in coming years.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Business/ Administration (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.