LB Group is a top 75 accountancy firm, our services include: Accounting, Tax, Audit, Business Services and Corporate Finance. By joining LB Group as an Apprentice, you will be studying for your professional qualification whilst working as part of a team for clients as Groups, Companies, LLPs and sole traders as well as gaining auditing experience.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2024
Salary range 20k to 23k depending on experience. Some benefits range from; Annual leave purchase scheme, Health and Wellbeing initiatives including health cash plan, retail discounts, EAP, 24/7 GP access and free fresh fruit. Contributory Pension
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jun 2024
31 Jan 2024
Level 7 (Master's degree)
What you will do in your working day
Daily duties will consist of, but not limited to
- Assisting with financial and management accounts preparation for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Assisting with managing client expectations and deadlines
- Assisting with the preparation of personal and business tax returns
- Carrying out bookkeeping activities including journal postings and ledger reconciliations
- Processing client records accurately using Xero, QuickBooks and other accountancy software.
- Preparation of VAT returns and management accounts
- Assisting with general administrative duties including filing, answering the telephone and supporting the team to meet deadlines as required.
The training you will be getting
- Training will take place at FI Chelmsford working towards the Level 7 Accountancy Professional apprenticeship standard.
- You will attend weekday classroom courses (block release) and work towards a level 7 qualification (ACCA or ICAEW)
- As well as mentoring towards the Level 7 Apprenticeship knowledge, skills, and behaviours
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Opportunity to progress further in your career by taking on more resonsibilities and mentoring other members of staff.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent 3 A-Levels (Grade passes at grade A-C) Essential
Other AAT Level 4 or equivalent (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Other Accounting/Finance or equivalent (Grade minimum 2:1 degree) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LB GROUP LIMITED
FIRST INTUITION CHELMSFORD LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Accountancy or taxation professional
Level 7 (Master's degree)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.