Business Administration Apprentice The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge
We are seeking an enthusiastic an Apprentice to join our Cluster Professional Services team, to provide a comprehensive administrative service to five departments (collectively known as the Cluster). This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious University to gain administrative experience and training in the Higher Education sector.
Closing date: 06 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
30 Apr 2024
24 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
You will learn on the job by working with an experienced professional service team and have allocated study time to complete course work. You will contribute to the daily organisational tasks of a highly successful team by:
- Providing a supportive administrative service to the Business & Operations Manager and core team.
- Maintaining and updating a suite of standard operating procedures for key areas of the role.
- Organising meetings/committees on behalf of the Business & Operations Manager collating, and preparing papers and taking minutes, and ensuring that action points are followed up.
- Handling enquiries as first point of contact, drafting replies to straightforward enquiries and referring others as appropriate, and maintaining a bank of useful contacts and standard replies.
- Assisting with Estates-related issues, liaising between departmental staff and contractors, and ensuring paperwork is completed.
- Helping to coordinate relevant audits and action plans for cross-Cluster initiatives, such as Health & Safety, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Sustainability.
- Assisting in developing and maintaining a Cluster intranet.
- Producing a Cluster professional services newsletter periodically.
- Acting as Telephone Liaison Officer for the Cluster.
- Assisting with other projects related to departmental administration and courses, in agreement with the Business & Operations Manager.
- Assisting with HR matters as and when they arise.
The training you will be getting
The successful candidate will work towards completing the Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3, via Cambridge Regional College.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
After your apprenticeship, if you want to continue to work within the University there are always plenty of role you can apply for. Some of our past apprentices are now building their career within the University HR, Education, and Finance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.