Apprentice Customer Service Representative and Mortgage Administrator Spolton Mortgages
Spolton Mortgages is looking for an Apprentice Customer Service Representative and Mortgage Administrator to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. The company is well-known for providing outstanding customer service and is highly successful in the mortgage advice industry.
Closing date: 18 Mar 2024
£9,609.60 to £18,964.40
The company offers a competitive salary package that allows for salary progression.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
15 Apr 2024
23 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Regular contact with, lenders, solicitors, brokers and clients
- Proactively progressing mortgage and insurance applications
- Dealing with incoming calls and emails
- Booking appointments
- Managing Social Media Accounts
The training you will be getting
- The successful candidate will work towards achieving their Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator Level 3.
- The programme is mainly work-based, with the requirement of College attendance once a month.
- The candidate will receive support and guidance from a dedicated work-based trainer throughout the apprenticeship. The candidate will complete all learning at their place of employment or College, within their contracted working hours.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Joining initially as an Apprentice Customer Service Representative and Mortgage Administrator, after successful completion of the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship there’s the opportunity to enrol for professional qualifications that will allow for future career progression into office management, paraplanning and mortgage adviser roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.