We are a busy edge of town salon consisting of a small friendly, and experienced team. We offer a wide range of industry treatments for both classic and current trending clients. Offering 30 plus years of experience of constant change to meet current trends. We are now looking for an apprentice to join our team and help assist stylists.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
30 Jan 2024
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- You will assist the stylists in their daily delivery of services to clients, ensuring efficiency and professional integrity.
- You will meet and greet clients with a friendly persona, taking coats, offering refreshments, and ensuring their comfort.
- You will also be expected to maintain salon housekeeping alongside colleagues.
- You must always listen and follow instruction and direction of colleagues; especially during training sessions and when carrying out tasks you lack experience in.
- You will develop all hairdressing skills as an ongoing development plan.
- Always communicate effectively with peers and clients to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
The training you will be getting
You will be taking the Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship, which will require you to attend Newcastle College one day per week.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Progression to salon stylist upon successful completion of qualification and competency of delivery
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.