Business Administration Apprenticeship CARE & REPAIR (NORTHAMPTON) LIMITED
A company managed by an Independent Management Committee, who provide a range of practical services designed to support older, disabled and vulnerable people , as part of your role you will be, dealing with enquiries, putting information packs together, a varied and exciting role, all whilst working towards your Business Administration level 3.
Closing date: 09 Mar 2024
: £14K-£17K per annum depending on experience and performance at interview.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
23 Mar 2024
09 Jan 2024
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Our client is a 'Not For Profit' company managed by an Independent Management Committee, who provide a range of practical services designed to support older, disabled and vulnerable people and enable them to continue to live safe, warm and secure within their own homes. Our client has been serving the needs of the people of Northamptonshire for more than 30 years, working with Councils, other Charities, Occupational Therapists, Housing Associations and Care Services providing home improvements, repairs and adaptations. They are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised and self- motivated individual to join their small, friendly team based in Moulton Park.
· Dealing with client enquiries, setting up and maintaining client records on our database system, booking and managing appointments.
· Dealing with sub-contractors and a range of partners as appropriate, communicating relevant information in a clear and timely manner.
· Prioritise and manage our technicians’ daily working schedules and associated paperwork.
· Managing project spreadsheets and keeping detailed records.
· Administration duties including typing up and sending quotes, managing the quotes outstanding folder, monthly open cases and paperwork audit.
· Putting together client information packs for different projects.
· Other duties as may be required, including incoming and outgoing post, filing and shredding.
· As the organisation’s first point of contact, you must have excellent communication skills and be capable of delivering a consistently high level of service to a diverse range of clients.
· The successful applicant will have good literacy, IT and numeracy skills with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
· You must be able to work under pressure at busy times and prioritise and manage your workload.
· 4/C or above in Maths and English GCSEs.
The training you will be getting
- Business administration level 3
- Remote training delivery
- 6 hours of dedicated training time every week
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible full time permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
CARE & REPAIR (NORTHAMPTON) LIMITED
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.