We are looking for an individual who has strong organisation skills, good attention to detail and strong ambition to commit to a career in purchasing or business administration. You will be working towards your Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Qualification.
Closing date: 26 Mar 2024
Rate of pay is £7.32 per hour for the first year of the apprenticeship
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Apr 2024
22 Dec 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
The apprentice will learn all elements of a purchasing department, and this is a great way to start your career. We have proven success in supporting Apprentices and their learning. We are Investors in People recognised. Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the sourcing of new suppliers
- Managing open PO’s and chasing suppliers for order updates and feeding back any potential issues with supply to the wider business
- Maintaining a clean order book and keeping backorders to a minimum
- Raising orders as required by the business and ensuring the purchase approvals process is adhered to
- Support and contribution to higher value activities such as capital expenditure
- Assisting with the monitoring spend and trend analysis, cost-benefit analysis saving profile - forecast and actual
- Assist with supplier reviews or in developing reports for other parties, such as the Purchasing Manager or Supply Chain Manager
- Working with management to develop procurement documents (e.g., templates and T&C’s)
- Basic understanding of regulations, internal policies, and procedures, to educate the wider business areas and adopt commercial best practice
- Supporting development of consistent procurement processes and procedures
- Having strong customer focus, commercial acumen and a pro-active approach striving to meet the demands of customers in a timely manner
- Supporting supplier negotiation and help to ensure value for money deals are obtained
- Collating relevant management information to report to the wider procurement team and in preparation for internal/external audits.
- Working with internal and external clients to facilitate a wide range of procurement processes
- Ensuring all procurement systems and databases are managed, maintained and information cleansed for accurate reporting
- Being responsive to customer enquiries and support contract and supplier management activity across a range of commercial areas
- Building excellent working relationships with peers, colleagues, customers, suppliers, and other external stakeholders
- Providing prompt procurement system advice to buyers, across the business, to enable compliance and best practice
- Providing timely returns and accurate statistical data as required ensuring that Commercial data are recorded
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Qualification.
Functional Skills (if required).
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There may be a full time position available upon the successful completition of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C+) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Maxim Business Training
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.