To provide general clerical or administrative support to the school under the direction or instruction of senior staff, whilst completing your level 3 business administrator qualification at Hartsdown Academy. You will be answering telephone calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, plus much, much more.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2024
NMW for an apprentice - (37 hours per week, term time only).
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
17 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Answering the telephone, transferring calls to appropriate staff or taking messages
- Reception duties, including greeting visitors, ensuring they sign in, informing the relevant
member of staff of their arrival and escorting visitors around the school when needed
- Distribution of messages/incoming items to staff/students around school
- Collecting students from lesson when required
- Ensuring the reception area is kept clean, tidy and welcoming for visitors
- Distributing incoming post
- Typing correspondence
- Filing, photocopying, scanning, shredding
- Booking of meeting rooms
- Hospitality when required
- Assisting the Office Manager with the organisation of Academy events e.g., annual prom, leavers event, vaccinations, school photos
- Work with the student reception team to assist with attendance e.g., parent phone calls and maintaining student’s attendance records
- Assist with the administration of the admissions process e.g., inputting admissions data onto the school database and assisting with the organisation and running of transition events
- Work with the finance team to input invoices and assist with other finance related tasks
- Work with staff to obtain information about school events to advertise or celebrate and put these on the school website and social media pages
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
The training will be delivered online in the workplace, and you will not need to attend our college campus. This will be delivered monthly.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The possibility of securing a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.