This is an Apprentice role. You will create a warm and welcoming environment where you will develop the ability to use your own initiative and share ideas and information with the other members of staff. You will need the willingness to learn skills in identifying and meeting the children's needs individually and within a group.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
21 Dec 2023
7 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Main Duties to Include:
- Learn good knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage framework and how to put the document into practice.
- The ability to work within a team, maintaining positive relationships and developing productive teamwork.
- Listen to advice/constructive criticism from peers/management and act upon it.
- An awareness of Health and Safety within the nursery and the ability to report any hazards for the purpose of risk assessments
- Be supportive and diplomatic in your approach towards parents and children.
- To have and show commitment to LaRoche Day Nursery's equal opportunities policy.
- To safeguard and promote the well-being of the children.
- To attend occasional staff meetings outside of working hours (time for this will be compensated)
- A willingness to continue with training to aid both the nursery and your own personal development
- To be committed to completing relevant training
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, including Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
Apprenticeship learning takes place in the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once qualified, progression is offered to the correct candidate, this could be a full-time role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ROCHDALE TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.