Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship (Clovelly House School) Clovelly House School
Clovelly House School - an independent special school for mixed gender pupils aged 10-18 based in Leicestershire. You will work as part of the team to ensure that the school meets its’ educational aims, take responsibility for teaching a subject according to the planning provided and, maintain a ‘hands on’ approach with the children.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2023
After one year, salary will increase to national minimum wage for your age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
20 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To take personal responsibility for contributing to the smooth running of the school
- To ensure that all who attend the school maintain high standards of safeguarding and protection of children
- To maintain high expectations for behaviour management across the school
- To ensure the safe management of children while engaging in off-site activities
- To maintain a teaching/tutoring role according to the demands of the cohort
- To be willing to engage in training offered and to participate actively in reflective practice and team meetings
- To be willing to take on a secondary duty to support the needs of the school
- To perform any other duties within the parameters of the role
The training you will be getting
- This is a Teaching Assistant Level 3 Standard Apprenticeships, this is A Level Standard and will require the learner to achieve GCSE maths and English grade C/4 or functional skills level 2 in these subjects (or equivalent) as part of the apprenticeship training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- You would be able to set out a career as a Teaching Assistant within any school
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Anthony John Lowe
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.