Early Years Educator Apprenticeship - Shannon Childcare SHANNON CHILDCARE LTD
To work as a member of the nursery team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children’s all-round development and where high standards of care and safety are provided. You will observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2023
The hourly wage is £5.28. This will increase to the NMW for your age after the first year.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
20 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility
- Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity
- Write up Tapestry Observations on children’s progress including written information for development files
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children, following the guidelines for the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage Principles (EYFS)
- Provide ideas on the ‘Weekly Themes’ to your Manager, at least one a week
- Understand the ‘intent’, ‘implementation’ and ‘impact’ of each activity undertaken
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive environment
- Provide wonderment and awe when reading to the children; bring books & poems to life
- Learn to take ‘circle time’, nursery rhymes, singing
- Give children the opportunity to choose songs
- Teach the alphabet, numbers and shape names
- Communicate with the children, use a ‘narrative teaching strategy’ when conversing with babies and very young children
- Give children time to respond (20 seconds). Ask ‘open-ended’ questions to the children who are able to communicate
- Extend children’s sentences i.e. “The big, red car”
- Expand vocabulary through ‘picture reading’ and using
alternative adjectives to increase lexis i.e. big, large, huge, vast, enormous etc.
- Ask ‘open-ended’ questions to the children who are able to communicate
- Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery
- Assist at mealtimes. Encourage babies and young children to be independent
- Encouraging children to manage ‘life skills’ (age and stage appropriate)
- Generally, help with the clearing and cleaning of the toys and premises
- Opening and closing travel cots for sleep purposes. Ensure children’s correct bedding, blankets and growbags are used
- Generally, help with any administrative work when requested
- Learn nappy changing
The training you will be getting
- You will work towards completing a Level 3 Early years education qualification
- This standard includes gaining a first aid qualification
- The training will be provided by your employer
- The qualification will be delivered remotely by LMP Education
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The right candidate may be offered a full-time position after completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.