Apprentice Business Administrator ASSOCIATED WASTE MANAGEMENT LIMITED
An Apprentice Business Administrator is required to be part of a dynamic team committed to delivering high-quality waste management services and making a positive impact on the environment. We offer competitive learning and development opportunities, a collaborative team environment, and a focus on sustainability.
Closing date: 02 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
20 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Maintaining/Checking Skip movement records so they are accurate for invoicing
- Maintaining/Checking Daily Trade Waste records so they are accurate for invoicing.
- Assist with producing Internal Statistical Reports (KPI’s).
- To become proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Sage.
- Some sales card payment processing through Sage and online portals.
- Opening and distributing internal mail.
- Deal with customer requests in a timely and professional manner via phone or email.
- Help with general office tasks, filing and administration.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the office.
- Assist the rest of the accounts team in their day-to-day activities.
- Provide cover on credit control when other members of the finance team are not available.
- Organising of driver’s time sheets ready for payroll.
The training you will be getting
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
All training will be conducted on the employer's premises. The coach will visit the learner every 4-6 weeks for a 1-day session.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Various progression opportunities may be available as the role develops, including (but not limited to):
- Maintaining accurate clocking data for payroll and HR.
- Assisting with HR within the business
- Managing credit control.
- Processing payroll.
- More detailed payroll and HR admin.
- Bank account access and reconciliation.
- Purchase invoicing and supplier payments.
- Processing sales invoices.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C,4 or FS level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ASSOCIATED WASTE MANAGEMENT LIMITED
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.