Accounts & Tax Apprentice INDIGO GREEN ACCOUNTANTS LIMITED
We are looking for an Accounts & Tax Apprentice to embark on a career in accountancy. You’ll work on various areas of accountancy including bookkeeping, VAT returns, accounts and tax. We work with a range of clients in different industries, so you’ll get exposure to a wide range of different businesses in a great environment for learning.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
● Company pension (if applicable) ● Free parking
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
At Indigo Green our job is to help clients run their businesses in the best way possible. We do that by assisting them with their day-to-day requirements, keeping them on-side with their regulatory and other filings, and advising them on sustaining and improving their businesses.
And we do that by delivering fantastic customer service. Some of the values that we have that help us to deliver the service include:
- Be inquisitive - challenge the norms of conventional accountancy. The accounting world has seen a seismic change in the past decade, and we strive to ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of technology and efficiency.
- Be helpful - whether that’s helping a client, or helping each other. We’re a team that collectively delivers to clients on a day-in day-out basis, so teamwork is critical.
- Be colourful - there’s a stereotype of an accountant, sat behind mounds of paperwork, in a stuffy office, tapping on a calculator. Those days are gone, and we strive to deliver our services in an enjoyable way.
- Be informative - with clients, and with ourselves.
What you’ll do
- We’re on the lookout for an apprentice Accounts & Tax Junior. You’ll have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Bookkeeping on a range of clients, including corresponding with clients and their suppliers to ensure client data is up to date and accurate.
- Drafting simple accounts and tax returns for Manager review.
- Preparation of annual and management accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of tax returns for individuals, partnerships and limited companies.
- Assisting the rest of the team to deliver excellent client service.
The training you will be getting
You will receive training one day per week which is a combination of face-to-face and remote, as per your assigned training plan.
You will receive monthly visits from your assigned Learning and Development Specialist, who will set you work, monitor your development and wellbeing, and discuss training sessions. They will also prepare you for your End Point Assessment to gain your Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship.
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting
AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
There is also a five-day teambuilding residential trip that is held in spring of each year.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
As an Accounts & Tax Apprentice you will have the opportunity to develop through the ranks at Indigo Green, taking on more responsibilities and ultimately handling your own list of clients as a Client Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other AAT Level 2 (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
HEREFORDSHIRE AND WORCESTERSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.