Adult Care / Health Care Assistant Apprenticeship (Prefer Homes) PREFER HOMES LTD
A fantastic role working with 16 - 18 LAC males in a supported living environment, helping to ensure the males in our care can reach their full potential by ensuring that they are fully competent in all aspects of independent living & are able to go on to live fully independent lives post 18. A very rewarding & satisfying role for the right person.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
17 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Ensure all essential admin is completed
- Ensure that all room checks have been completed thoroughly
- To adhere to all policies and procedures set out by Prefer Homes
- Collect donations of food or other items as instructed
- Ensure all care plans are up to date and updated during your shift
- To organise activities for the day
- Advocate for clients for booking appointments, telephone calls and benefit claims
- Liaise with external agencies
- Promote a healthy lifestyle
- Cleaning duties
The training you will be getting
Working towards the Adult Care Level 2 Apprenticeship, you will complete the following:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Care
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Care Certificate
You will also complete on and off the job training. Training will take place at the training centre and in the workplace and be delivered by our training staff and staff from the Care Home.
You will be required to produce a showcase portfolio of evidence and complete an end point assessment at the end of your Apprenticeship which will be graded pass, merit or distinction.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
For the right candidate, there are prospects for progression into education, training or full-time work.
This could be a Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship or employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4 or above or equivalent) Desired
About the employer
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Adjustments for experience
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.