Teaching Assistant Apprentice St Patrick’s Mansfield Catholic Voluntary Academy
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join us at St Patricks Catholic Voluntary Academy. To work under the direction of the Lead TA, if post exists in school, or the Headteacher, to support teaching and learning usually within the classroom to maximise the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
08 Dec 2023
17 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
This role complements the work of our teachers by providing in-class and small group support to our children. There will be opportunities to develop within the school and make a valued contribution to our children's learning.
- Support the Classroom Teacher to inspire and enthuse our children
- Be caring and supportive
- Be committed to achieving excellent results
- Provide pastoral support to pupils within the school environment
- To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted for pupils
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
- Day courses with HOET
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
It is hoped but not guaranteed that an offer of full-time employment can be made on successful completion of the qualification within one of the Trust’s 17 primary schools.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.