Are you ready to take the first step in your Career within Facilities? Your Housing Group now has an exciting opportunity to offer a Facilities Apprenticeship based at our Head Office and collaboration space in Birchwood, Warrington, and our existing Facilities team can’t wait to be given an opportunity to support you.
Closing date: 05 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Reception duties including welcoming all building users in a friendly and professional manner and ensuring that all external visitors correctly sign in and out. Also to notify YHG staff of their visitors’ arrival and to look after that visitor until greeted by their YHG meeting host.
- Help the Facilities team to sort, electronically scan and then distribute all incoming mail.
- Record incoming carrier / courier deliveries, ensuring collection from the Post Room.
- Help the team to process the outgoing post, including recorded and special delivery items, and to ensure it is franked and ready for Royal Mail to collect.
- Print, envelope and frank mail as required on behalf of other teams working remotely or from home.
- To help maintain adequate stationery, print, cleaning, hygiene and refreshment stocks; ensuring purchase orders are raised, approved and goods receipted in accordance with the Group’s payment terms and Operational Standing Orders (OSO’s).
- Prepare meeting rooms in advance of scheduled start times; prepare refreshments for Board and Executive Leadership Team / Senor Leadership Team meetings as required.
- To help ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and cleanliness are maintained throughout the building.
- After training to undertake various building, health and safety and compliance checks.
- To provide administrative support to the Facilities team and wider business as and when required.
- To help monitor 3rd party contractors to ensure safe systems of work are being adhered to and to immediately report any concerns to the Facilities Manager or other Senior Manager if he / she isn’t available.
- After training to undertake Fire Marshal and First Aider roles and associated responsibilities.
- The Facilities Apprentice will be a valued, key member of our friendly and professional Facilities Team that deliver a tailored service, to all our employees and visitors to Your Housing Group.
- One of the great things about this apprenticeship opportunity is the variety, no two days will be the same due to the wide-ranging services provided by the Facilities team, such as front of house reception duties, site security, managing corporate events, dealing with the incoming and outgoing post and deliveries as well as ordering essential goods and services required for the day to day running of the office.
- This role is very much a customer facing one which requires the incumbent to have a willingness to learn and a customer first mentality, driven by a desire to play their part in assisting the Facilities team to deliver the highest quality building services to all staff and visitors working at or attending YHG’s large 28,000 sq ft flagship head office, Youggle House.
The training you will be getting
- To attend Warrington & Vale Royal College for 1 day per week during a 12 week block to work towards your Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Progression to permanent position of Facilities Assistant or alternative role within the business is also a feasible option
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
YOUR HOUSING GROUP LIMITED
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.