Riverside Pharmacy in Bulwell is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Technician. In addition to the dispensing duties that you will learn you will also learn a lot more about the medication and how patients can optimize taking theirs.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Although college day release doesn't start until 8 February 2024 Employment can commence before then as soon as they find a suitable candidate.
As we are a busy pharmacy, we are looking for a candidate with some prior working experience to be able to manage customers expectations on the counter. This working experience could be in a pharmacy environment or other customer facing role such as retail, customer service or hospitality for example.
If you dont meet the entry criteria for the Level 3 pharmacy they may still consider enrolling you onto the Level 2 Pharmacy for the right candidate.
Main duties that you will be fully trained to carry out include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines.
- Complete prescription receipt and collection.
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock.
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine.
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection.
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts.
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas.
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales.
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- To complete compulsory training as required.
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
The training you will be getting
Pharmacy Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Technicians.
Day release is one day per week for 2 years term time only commencing 8 February 2024 based at our City Centre Hub
Employment can commence before February - as soon as they find a suitable candidate.
Once qualified you will be able to register wtih the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Registered Pharmacy Technician
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Opportunity to register with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician.
Possibility of ongoing employment as a qualified Pharmacy Techncian at the pharmacy if all has gone well and there is a role on offer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.