Apprentice Outdoor Activity Leader GRENVILLE HOUSE OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTRE
To provide outdoor education instruction for users of Grenville House. To assist Full Time and Freelance staff on outdoor education sessions in a range of land and water-based activities, according to the safety policy guidelines of the centre.
Closing date: 07 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
19 Jan 2024
15 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- To carry out maintenance tasks relating to the upkeep of activity equipment as necessary.
- To carry out maintenance tasks relating to the upkeep of the premises of Grenville House, including land, buildings, fixtures and fittings.
- To monitor and maintain specific Activity/Centre departments as allocated.
- Participation in work related training, both in-house and external as dictated by the Centre Manager /Deputy Manager/South Devon College
- Participation in an appraisal system.
- To support the Housekeeping team as required.
- To undertake any such duties of a similar type/level as may be required by the Centre Manager.
The training you will be getting
- Outdoor activity instructor Level 3 (A level)
- On the job training will be given plus you will attend college to cover off the Knowledge, Skills and behaviours of the Standard.
- Functional Skills English and Maths also if required.
- Opportunities for extra training courses such as SUP instructor & Kayak Instructor plus online learning throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The potential for a full-time job on completion of your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
GRENVILLE HOUSE OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTRE
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.