Customer Service Apprenticeship - IT Department Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive team within the Informatics Department of Cumbria, Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust. This apprenticeship provides excellent opportunities for personal and professional development & real business experience from day one.
Closing date: 04 Jan 2024
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
29 Jan 2024
13 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated candidate, who can demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills, to work within a busy team.
This is an essential and demanding role, providing a courteous, friendly and professional service to staff, either via the telephone or in person
Your exact duties will vary but you will need to show you can work with a team or member of staff to handle various tasks.
You will also provide support to others in the team & this sort of work requires a sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
The aims of this programme are:
- For an individual to gain a nationally recognised qualification
- To enhance knowledge & understanding of working for a large NHS employer
- To gain recognition for competencies used in a workplace
- To develop and demonstrate the under pinning knowledge required in this role
- Providing recognition of prior learning for future learning (RPL)
- Provide a foundation for further development
- Respond to queries raised by email
- Create and amend user accounts to allow users to access the Trusts core IT systems
- Liaise with external Trusts to allow users access to their IT systems
- Log calls received by the team (details of callers and their IT issues, in an IT-based system)
- Attempt to fix straightforward issues and solve IT problems
- Liaise with wider team to resolve more complex issues
- Track the progress of jobs, maintaining contact with the colleague that logged it
- As experience grows, work with Project Managers on the rollout of new systems and IT services
- Gain experience and support all the Trusts core IT systems
The training you will be getting
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Delivered within the work place
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is an opportunity for the right candidate to be trained with a view to employment should a suitable position become available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.