Fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join a leading security system manufacturer. Your job duties would include order processing, keeping customers up to date, finding resolutions to customer issues, producing sales reports, maintaining customer price lists and more, whilst working towards your Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2024
Varies depending on experience. Less experience = £14k - £16k per annum. More experience = £16k - £18k per annum
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Feb 2024
14 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
To provide a great customer service experience by efficient sales order processing, delivery scheduling and query resolution.
To support the external sales team in the company’s endeavour to continually improve customer loyalty and gain new business.
To work with other departments in ensuring “right first time” processes.
- Sales order processing
- Liaise promptly with Credit Control with respect to accounts and orders blocked
- Proactive approach to ensure customers are kept up to date on order status and to find resolutions to customer issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Maintain Customer Price Lists
- Be the main, front-line point of contact for all customers by phone/email and to take full ownership for orders/queries through to resolution
- Be responsible for the resolution of all queries/credits and goods returns
- Participate in product and system training as required
- Producing sales reports for both internal and external contacts
- Support the Project Managers with aspects of customer service
- 4/C or above in GCSE (or equivalents) Maths or English
- PC skills – Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word with the ability to use other system applications
- The ability to use systems to enable questions relating to customers’ orders and sales history
- The ability to understand the workings and construction of reports
- Ability to meet customer needs – anticipate, respond to and seek to exceed the expectations of customers
- Good communication skills– communicate in a clear, concise and articulate manner, considering the needs of the customer (internal and external)
- Personal organisation – organised and efficient, adopt a systematic and structured approach to tasks with the ability to prioritise and deal with interruptions
- Good service attitude – Being positive, friendly and enthusiastic to all customers, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Adaptability –receptive and reactive to situations and change, flexible, react quickly and implement in a positive manner to make the best of any situation
- Administrative skills – follow things through to ensure they are completed within timescales and invest time to check details for accuracy, adopt and promote best practice and will suggest better ways of doing things
- Initiative – use initiative to resolve queries and problems but to be able to ask for help
- Lotus Notes Experience beneficial - emails, Dominotrack and filing routine, however training will be provided
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Remote training delivery
- 6 hours of dedicated training time every week, within working hours
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
STARTING OFF LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.