Receptionist/Administrator Apprentice Middleton Lodge Practice
We are offering a full time apprenticeship position for a receptionist administrator role. This position is perfect for any person wishing to start a career in the NHS and wishes to progress with that field of work. We provide 5 weeks annual leave with Bank holidays on top, and occupational sick pay, annual and bi annual reviews.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2023
Minimum – £10433.28 £5.28 per hour. Can be reviewed.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
22 Dec 2023
10 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Opening the premises in preparation for surgeries
- Ensuring adequate heating and ventilation for the comfort of all users
- Check transfer of telephone services AM and PM
- Answering general enquiries and advising patients regarding surgery procedures
- Operation of the practice computer appointments system, liasing with the practice manager to ensure patient access is maintained.
- Answering the telephone, dealing with enquiries and ensuring that requests for both routine and urgent visits are dealt with efficiently
- Registering new patients completing all relevant paperwork
- Receiving and directing patients upon their arrival
- Collecting fees where appropriate for work not covered by GMS, maintaining accurate records
- Responsibility for securing the premises after evening surgery ensuring doors and windows are locked and alarm set
- Any other delegated duties appropriate to the post
- Working with the practice manager to represent the patient participation group, and promotional work undertaken by the practice
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 2 customer service practitioner qualification.
- You may also need to gain Level 1 and work towards Level 2 functional skills in maths and English if this is required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Carers Champion Representative
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Middleton Lodge Practice
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.