Apprentice Teaching Assistant ACADEMY TRANSFORMATION TRUST
We are searching for the best education professionals to join our trust. Are you passionate about making a difference to our children’s learning? Are you looking for a new challenge? Pool Hayes Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Apprentice Teaching Assistant, to enhance students’ experience of secondary education.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
11 Dec 2023
10 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
If you are looking to begin your career in education and embark on an apprenticeship scheme undertaking training and work experience, you will relish the unique challenges this role brings and the exceptional satisfaction of supporting students in the academy and community. You will gain experience in working closely with students, both individually and as a group, whilst developing effective communication skills through liaising and working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the Academy. Working alongside the team, you will promote the inclusion of all students, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
The successful candidate will undertake a Level 3 qualification as part of the role and will be joining a well led, dynamic team, whose colleagues all enjoy supporting the Academy and its culture of outstanding success amongst our students.
Why choose Pool Hayes Academy? We have experienced substantial growth in recent years and the academy is now a provider of choice in the area and is over-subscribed. Our Ofsted rating has improved to Good in April 2022 – but that’s just the beginning of our ambition for the pupils and staff at this 11-18 academy.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, SEND Code of Practice and academy policies and procedures
- Establish positive relationships with all students
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop students’ competence and independence in its use
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programs as agreed with the teacher, SENCO or Assistant SENCO, adjusting activities according to students’ responses as appropriate
- Promote positive student behaviour in line with academy policies and help keep students on task
- Interact with, and support students, according to individual needs and skills
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs and disabilities within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
- To participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Monitor and record student activities as appropriate, writing records and reports as required
- To support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- Assist with the development and implementation of pupil passports and pen portraits
- To attend to pupils’ personal needs including help with social, welfare, physical and health matters, including minor first aid
- To assist with the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources (in lessons)
- Liaise with other staff and provide information about students as appropriate
- To supervise pupils for limited and specified periods including break-times when the postholder should facilitate games and activities (if applicable)
- To assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- To support with examinations and assessments as required
- To liaise in a professional manner with parents
- To liaise with attendance officer
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
The training you will be getting
You will work towards your Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification across a total duration of 18 months!
Training provider: LMP Group (Rated 3rd best apprenticeship training provider across the UK)!
All online/remote learning, no classroom or college day release
An allocated tutor will support you throughout the apprenticeship!
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Possible long-term employment if position is available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.