Supply Chain Apprentice CONSTRUCTION SPECIALTIES (UK) LTD
Working with our goods in and out helping the smooth delivery of goods received and then ensuring that they reach the customer in a timely manner. In addition you will assist with all elements of the warehouse.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
£1,500 bonus on completion of this apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Dec 2023
09 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Operate and handle equipment safely and efficiently as required for their role, such as forklift trucks, high reach trucks, powered pallet trucks or man op trucks; manoeuvre vehicles in restricted spaces; safely use and position vehicle fitted equipment such as mirror requirements
- Comply with appropriate rules, regulations and processes for safely and efficiently moving, handling, packing and unpacking different items, both manually and using relevant equipment (such as MHE, vehicle and delivery systems); understand consequences of incorrect use
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects; maintain a high level of housekeeping and manage waste effectively; know where to find instructions or guidance; check for damaged or missing items as appropriate; take responsibility for maintaining health, safety and security of people at all times
- Safely and efficiently load and unload items into and from vehicles, buildings, containers, lift vans, crates and/or boxes; use appropriate MHE or machinery where necessary; ensure items are safely and efficiently packed, assembled and/or disassembled as appropriate
- Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact; taking into consideration the item(s) to be moved, and their current and final destinations
- Use correct equipment and procedures to record receiving or stowing goods; produce relevant paperwork or labelling processes
- Promote the values of the organisation; communicate effectively with customers and colleagues to identify and meet their needs
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure and to agreed deadlines; adapt to change in line with internal and external customer needs or circumstances
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture, radio and barcoding systems, to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods
The training you will be getting
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Standard
- End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills Training (if needed)
- Work Based Training
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The role would lead to a permanent position where there is room for growth and progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
INTEC BUSINESS COLLEGES LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Supply chain operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.