Global Finance and Business Management Apprentice - J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth) J.P. MORGAN LIMITED
As an Apprentice in the Global Finance & Business Management Apprentice Program, you'll work with colleagues across various lines of business driving growth, ensuring operational effectiveness, managing risk and maintaining our global reputation for excellence.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Sep 2024
7 days ago
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What you will do in your working day
What you’ll do:
- Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We welcome diverse perspectives that can help us provide innovative solutions for our stakeholders. We'll give you what you need to succeed including training, mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
- Through joining the 2-year Program, you will have the unique opportunity to sharpen your technical, analytical and leadership skills through a combination of in-depth industry training and hands-on experience. You’ll build your foundational knowledge, professional skills and experiences in one of the following areas:
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organization, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of Controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller.
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting.
- Program Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
- Business Management – Help to drive business strategy and growth, manager business risks and optimise performance and planning across a variety of functional groups.
Training and Development:
- This two-year program delivers in-depth industry training, mentorship and hands-on experience in order to develop your skillset and succeed within our Finance and Business Management organization.
- You will also study and complete your AAT (Level 4 Apprenticeship) qualification. Completion of this qualification is mandatory whilst on the Program.
The training you will be getting
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Professional Accountancy Taxation Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the AAT Level 4 professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Top performing Apprentices have the opportunity to be promoted to Analyst level after a 1-year tenure at the firm. After completing the 2-year Apprenticeship Program, high-performing Apprentices will also have the opportunity to join the Global Finance and Business Management Graduate Program. The Graduate Program provides an opportunity to undertake 3 one-year rotations within Finance and Business Management, whilst completing the CIMA qualification. It also provides further opportunity for top performers to promote to Associate level.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-6 or equivalent) Essential
Other UCAS points (Grade 128) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
J.P. MORGAN LIMITED
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Professional accounting or taxation technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.