As a Finance Apprentice, you will work alongside the Finance Manager and learn to provide a range of transactional processing support. Supporting the Finance Manager, you’ll undertake training and complete coursework to enable you to assist with various financial processes and manage the nominal, sales and purchase ledgers.
Closing date: 04 Dec 2023
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays - Hybrid working options
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
21 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Additionally, you will learn to assist with:
- Preparing and posting journal transactions
- Monthly checks, including account reconciliations
- Producing information for audit, tax and other regulatory matters
- Transactional processing of expenses, invoices, payment receipts and debt collection
- Obtaining approvals for invoices and authorisations for payment
The training you will be getting
- 21 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employee
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 1 year)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
End Point Assessment:
- Synoptic examination
- PortfoliProfessional discussion
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
This is the perfect opportunity for a highly organised individual with great numeracy skills and a flair for analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving to kickstart their career with our well-established family firm.
You’ll have a chance to undergo comprehensive training, learn from skilled professionals and gain valuable experience of a range of financial processes, all whilst being supported by our amazing team.
What’s more, with a generous holiday allowance and hybrid working options, we’ll help to ensure you can maintain an optimal work/life balance.
So, if you want to take your first steps toward a prosperous career in finance with a company with a reputation for excellence, seize this opportunity and apply today!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.