Clinical Assistant Apprentice SPECSAVERS OPTICAL SUPERSTORES LIMITED
A Clinical Assistant Apprentice (Level 2) is required. You will receive thorough and continued training and development to enhance your understanding of optical products, so a passion for fantastic customer service is a must! This is a role upstairs in store on and around reception, booking/arriving customers, performing pre-tests, and diary management.
Closing date: 01 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Accurately keep records
- Build rapport and trust with the customer and identify their communication preferences
- Interpret verbal and written prescription specifications and the effects this has on the eye.
- Explain to the customer the translation of written prescription to finished product
- Able to clearly explain choices and ensure that health and legal requirements are met
- Able to enable relevant timely referrals to clinical colleagues to protect the customer the business and self
- Clearly explain screening checks, the reasons they are done and how the machinery works
- Empathise with customers undergoing screening and be able to communicate reassurance and confidence when needed.
The training you will be getting
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard, which is 12 months with a 3 month end point assessment window. Training will take place once monthly and will be at your workplace.
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
SPECSAVERS OPTICAL SUPERSTORES LIMITED
YOUNGSAVE COMPANY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.