Teaching Assistant Apprentice St Patrick's Catholic Voluntary Academy
St.Patrick's is keen to offer the opportunity to someone who would like to develop a career either as a teaching assistant or a teacher within their primary school. On a day to day basis you will support a class teacher to enhance the learning of all pupils.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
This role is offered on a term time only basis. This means you will only work 39 weeks each year but your pay will be paid in 12 even monthly payments. Your actual annual pay will be £7,619.04
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
09 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- You will be mentored by a qualified teacher within key stage 1 or 2, to enable you to achieve your level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship.
- You will work within years 1-6 to support teaching and ensure the pupils are supported to achieve.
- You will lead activities with individuals and groups of pupils to facilitate their physical, emotional and cognitive development.
- This position is term time only and any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
This may include
* Supporting students to accomplish their daily goals in a variety of subjects.
* Working with teachers to understand and support assessment.
* Develop effective and informed practice safeguarding practices.
* Promote the health, safety and welfare of children.
* Develop strategies for support.
The training you will be getting
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
This programme is delivered via a 12 week evening session to cover the knowledge element of this apprenticeship. your attendance is required at our Derby Road Campus, NG18.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion, there will be further opportunities to develop your career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
St Patrick's Catholic Voluntary Academy
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.