Customer Services Advisor Apprentice ALUMASC EXTERIOR BUILDING PRODUCTS LIMITED
As an Apprentice, you will be trained and developed into providing sales support to Alumasc Roofing’s Customers, Contractors & our remote Sales Team. You'll oversee the full project requirements ensuring that they are fulfilled from initial quotation to materials being delivered . You will be a member of a small hard working Customer Service Team.
Closing date: 06 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
10 Jan 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Working together with external sales team and roofing contractors,
processing orders, checking project margins, issuing quotations, managing projects to help strengthen relationships with customers which are regularly involved in Roofing projects.
The successful candidates duties would include but not are not limtied to:
• Processing customer orders in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
• Liaising with relevant departments to ensure a speedy delivery.
• Checking project margins.
• Issuing quotations.
• Checking specification against customer requirements.
• Arranging transport and dealing with Haulier / Site delivery issues.
• Dealing with day-to-day customer service calls and requirements.
• Responding to verbal pricing requests and product information.
• Dealing with a high volume of incoming emails and calls.
• Problem Solving.
• Logging and resolving customer Invoice queries relating to the sales
ordering process and product quality.
• Visiting customers with the ASM / Business Manager, at their own
premises or at site.
• Ability to build relationships with contractors to create a strong
• Handling/Dealing with customer complaints and passing them on
to a manager if required.
• Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of
others at work affected by their acts or omissions.
• Co-operate with management and supervisors in order that legal
duties and requirements may be carried out.
Health and Safety Duties:
• Observe all Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Works
• Wear and use the necessary protective clothing and equipment as
required by the task or job.
• Report unsafe plant, tools and equipment and unsafe practices,
methods of work and any other hazards.
• Assist in the maintenance of good housekeeping standards.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship.
- The apprenticeship is a full remote apprenticeship, based at the employer address with assessor interventions.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
This role is pivotal to the business, those who train/develop in the role will have a sound understanding of the business. Possible progression into a more technical / site-based role or an external sales role is possible.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ST HELENS COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.