Business Administration Apprentice DUTTON CONSTRUCTION LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work for The Dutton Group, specifically Dutton FM undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a small hardworking and friendly team. The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2023
Bonus which is performance dependent
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
18 Dec 2023
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Support to members of the management team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the policies of the company are observed, and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality
The training you will be getting
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship, learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Business Administration, with training in how to:
- Use multiple IT packages and systems in order to write letters/emails, perform financial processes and analyse data
- Produce accurate records and documents including emails, letters, files, payments, reports and proposals
- Exercise proactivity and good judgement, in order to make effective decisions based on sound reasoning
- Plan and organise a variety of different tasks in order to manage the expectations of colleagues at all levels
- Manage projects, including the use of tools to scope, plan, monitor and report
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.uk
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship.
There will be an opportunity to study further and this will be expected of successful candidates. There will be a chance to study a broad range of further qualifications to degree level and beyond in areas such as management, surveying, marketing.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
DUTTON CONSTRUCTION LTD
VELOCITY 1ST LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.