This role is based on being an adaptable team player to carry out different administrational tasks. You will be given the opportunity to work across the full business spectrum including finance, sales, customer services and marketing. You will be interacting with key stakeholders on a daily basis, including colleagues, customers and suppliers.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
22 Jan 2024
08 Nov 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Your key duties will include the following.
- Training on sage 50 accounts and assisting the finance Manager with financial administration tasks.
- Training with the customer service team to process orders and support the warehouse and dispatch function.
- Supporting the warehouse with stock takes and stock checks.
- Supporting the purchasing function with basic admin tasks.
- Supporting the telephone calls and directing them accordingly.
- General filing, archiving and organising paperwork.
- Responsible for stationary and general facility stock orders.
- Responsible for some health and safety checks.
- Help with data reporting on Excel.
- Help with processing purchase invoices.
- Helping with processing returns and credits.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can show attention to detail and be precise in their work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and a desire to listen and learn.
- Reliable and hardworking, with bags of common sense.
- Positive, motivated and a good attitude to learning.
- Polite, friendly and able to demonstrate customer care skills.
- Good standard of IT skills and written English.
- Experience on Excel
The training you will be getting
- 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- 10 days professional training at college
- Approximately 12 on-site or/and Teams assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
End Point Assessment:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project/improvement presentation
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Full time position and further development and training may be available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.